BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 3, 2009

World Vision Famine 30..Let's Show The World Some Love & Kindness!




This year's Famine 30 was more difficult than last year as I decided to stay over in the Stadium to help out and famine for 30 hours there. It was very very cold there and without energy, you have to work and help out for the concert! That night sleeping was also a torture! As you know there's no comfy bed with warm blanket, no food...I dare not say I know how it feels for those poor kids who experiences this for months, even for only 30 hours, us blessed city people was nearly black out...What I'm experiencing in this year's famine was nothing compare to the poor kids...Them being my inspiration, I decided to suck it up and stand till the last second!


Like last year, I was in program group again..but it was not face painting like last year, this year was playing puzzle collage with the artist!..speaking of artist...there were many artist participated this year too..Michael Wong, Daniel Lee, Belinda, Gary, Roshan and Nicholas, Deborah, Francissa Peter, Athena, Friendz, Hou Ren , Kay, KJ, Mei Yan, Jason, Jack Lim, Wai Fun, Owen Yap, Jaclyn Victor, Suki, Yise, Phoebe, A-Mei and etc.; all the World Vision ambassadors and artists who made and effort to make this event a success, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you all so so much!

This year I also made a lot of new friends!..We were divided into groups responsible in differetn division and everyone of us really did gave our best!..Joining us were Orange and Chris, hosts for 8 TV Ho Chiak, who were also in the program group. They were friendly and very low profile, they were nice^^

Me and my friends did enjoyed the event so so so much..although it wasn't easy, but instead of always taking, sometimes, you wouldn't know how great it feels to give some back to the world!..It feels..SUPERB!!!..no..not just that...IT WAS MORE ,WAY MORE THAN THAT!!!
I was so so glad to be a part of Famine 30, thinking of being able to help the poor, it was a satisfaction and a total excitement!!

Friends, happiness, hard work, helping each other...sometimes the world needs some one to remind people that there's hope and love and that someone cares!!!..I DO!!..
Well, I do believe, if you want to make a change, it starts from yourself, and even it's just a single small step or effort you make..it actually meant a lot for someone

So, ya..HEAL THE WORLD AND MAKE IT A BETTER PLACE!!!..I did my part..how about you?

More Than 10 000 people participated this year and approximately 7000 people from across the country attended the last 6 hours countdown in Bukit Jalil Stadium Putra.
Fund raised so far was RM 1 174 775.10 and the fund goes to children in need;in countries like Myanmar, Uzbekistan, India, China, Laos and etc; in improving their health, living conditions and prospects for a better future

Every 7 seconds, a children dies of hunger. Because of the food crisis, tens of thousands more will die. You got the power to change it!

SHOW THE WORLD SOME LOVE AND CARE!!

(P.S: Sorry for the late post..enjoy it!^^)

0 comments: